Newcross healthcare now have several flexible job vacancies for experienced Care Assistants to work with our clients in Barnsley and the surrounding areas operating through our Sheffield team.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends. For a limited time receive free uniform and DBS when you join our team.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore drivers with access to their own vehicle are ideal.
Your Caring Role
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
In this caring position your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will be playing an essential role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
As a successful candidate you will benefit from
- Salary of up to £11.53/hr paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free DBS & uniform for a limited time only
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
To apply for this role you will need
- To prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
You'll also need a certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course.
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a supporting role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why should you join Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Your Local Branch
Situated in the UK's 11th largest city the Sheffield Newcross branch is in a prime location to provide the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
Our branch is located in St James House, Vicar Lane, close to the city centre.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.