Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for experienced Care Assistants (HCA) to provide high quality care to Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Challenging Behaviours service users in the local Dorking, Purley, Redhill and Reigate areas of Surrey.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.
The Care Role
Our business relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
You should have at least 3 months experience in a similar role within a UK care environment, be committed to quality of care, promoting client independence and improving well-being.
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling clients to participate in their favourite activities.
- Competitive salary, paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
In order to be considered for this role you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Team
You will be joining our Crawley branch team, located on Gatwick Road, a stone's throw from Gatwick Airport. We provide experienced, highly trained healthcare professionals to nursing and care establishments across West Sussex, from Haywards Heath to Horsham, Redhill, East Grinstead and everywhere in-between.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
You will need the right to live and work in the UK and previous professional care experience to apply for this position.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.