We are seeking experienced Care Assistants to deliver the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Cardiff and the local surrounding towns and suburbs, through our Cardiff branch.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends.
As some clients may live in rural areas and shift times may vary, public transport is not always readily available, access to your own vehicle or reliable transport is desirable.
Your Care Role
You will need excellent clinical skills and the confidence to work with several different clients. You will be dedicated to empowering each individual in your care, and a naturally compassionate person with a strong desire to achieve the best possible outcomes on every shift.
You will be a permanent member of the team, integral in supporting the well-being and quality of life of our clients. You will be caring for individuals in a range of settings including nursing and residential homes, so you will need to have previous experience in at least one of these.
It is essential that you are confident and comfortable with delivering assistance with day-to-day tasks such as washing and dressing, meal times, personal care, community outings and other general activities that allow the service user to live their life the way they choose with dignity.
As a Successful candidate you will benefit from
- Competitive Salary up to £13.26, paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
To apply for this role you will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why should you join Newcross?
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Your Local Team
Located in the capital city of Wales, Newcross Healthcare's Cardiff centre provides registered nurses, experienced care assistants and support workers to the South Wales region including Newport and Bridgend.
Based at Park Place, the centre is just a short walk from the nearby Cardiff University and Cardiff Queen Street train station.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.