Database Administrator - SQL Server
Newcross Healthcare was founded in Torquay in 1996 and now has over 60 branches around the UK providing outstanding nurse-led care at home and highly trained healthcare professionals to the private and public sectors. We're undergoing a fundamental change in the way that we conduct our business, putting User Experience at the heart of our decision making. We firmly believe that great user experience is great for business.
We're a small, agile team within a profitable, well-established UK business. You'll be an important member of the team taking the company to the next level with a specific focus on improving the user experience across a variety of products. You'll be working closely with the lead Product Designer and our development team to conceive, build and iterate on a range of exciting projects.
Job Title: Database Administrator - SQL Server
Location: WeWork South Bank Central, London
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Salary/Benefits: Basic Salary of £60,000
Company bonus scheme up to 10% of salary
You will work closely with the CTO to support the team in their design and implementation of all existing and new SQL applications. Assisting with the migration of multiple databases into a new single database and ensuring that the new database is well designed and partitioned for long-term operation.
- Assist with the design and implementation of tables, stored procedures, functions, models, security and jobs within all SQL applications
- Ensure application databases meet business and performance standards
- Monitor database performance and provide statistics and performance data to teams on a regular basis
- Identify and diagnose areas of poor performance and propose relevant solutions to ensure optimal configuration and performance
- Assist with reconfiguration, translation and migration of data in systems
- Ensure all SQL instances are correctly patched on a regular basis and free of vulnerabilities
- Provide developers, testers and customers with realistic test data, providing advice on improvements, design and programming best practice. Assisting with backup/recovery procedures, and data exports.
- Experience of installing, administering and troubleshooting SQL Environments to resolve critical database issues including SQL Server 2012.
- Have extensive knowledge and be proficient in utilising all features within SQL Server together with a full understanding of feature differences between each version.
- A thorough knowledge of database design and programming (T-SQL)
- Knowledge and experience of Business intelligence (BI) platforms including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Possess a strong technical understanding of SQL environments - ability to proactively suggest recommendations
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to undergo and investigate task within structural processes.
- Experience with RDS, RDS Clustering, AWS Security and Subnet groups