Support Worker - Complex Care
|Type:||Care at Home|
|Status:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Salary:||Up to £14.46 per Hour|
Our Bournemouth Care at Home team are looking for a compassionate Support Worker to work with children and young adults who have challenging behaviour and Learning Disabilities in the Ringwood area.
We are seeking enthusiastic support workers to assist children and young adults with learning difficulties with their day to day activities. This could include supporting with appointments, outings and general household tasks. You will need to be passionate about quality of care and strive to ensure their needs are fully met.
It is essential that you have an in-date DBS for adults and children in the last year or that you are prepared to do another.
Experience with children and young adults with challenging behaviour and Learning Disabilities is essential.
Our person-centred service is designed to enrich the quality of life of service users, helping them to access the community and socialise with family, friends and visitors alike. That is why we are recruiting only the most compassionate and empathetic individuals.
Benefits of working with us:
- Up to £14.46/hr, paid weekly incl. holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract with guaranteed hours
- Agreed mileage and travel expenses for most clients
- Free and criminal record (DBS) check upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Comprehensive, client specific induction and training
- Free ongoing training and uniform earned as you work
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- 24 hour contact through a dedicated central support team
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download time sheets and receive payslips
Why Should You Apply?
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.
The Local Branch:
Your local team are based in the coastal town of Bournemouth at Unit 4 in St Stephens Court, BH2 6LA. We are easily reachable by car or local buses and we are a 25 minute walk away from the train station. We cover areas from Dorchester to New Milton and up to Farnham.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a support work role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Posted on: 07/08/2017
Closing Date: NA
We are Newcross Healthcare Solutions
For the past 21 years we have been providing outstanding nurse led care at home and highly trained healthcare professionals to the private and public sectors. A nationwide employer, we pride ourselves on providing the highest standards of care to our clients. Contact us today and discover the Newcross way.