Support Workers - Medication/Epilepsy
|Status:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Salary:||Up to £14.20 per Hour|
We require medication trained Support Workers, with experience of working with clients with Epilepsy, to deliver high-quality care for clients in Bournemouth and the surrounding local area.
As an experienced Support Worker, supporting clients with epilepsy, it is necessary that you are confident delivering personal care with a mindful approach towards protecting the dignity of the individual and promoting their independence.
It's desirable that you have at least an NVQ2 / SVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care, with epilepsy and medication training.
- Salary up to £14.20/hr paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
To be considered for this role you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Provide experience of clients with epilepsy and you have at least an NVQ2 / SVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care with medication/epilepsy training.
- A full driving licence and access to a car is desirable due to client locations.
Why Should You Apply?
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK. Because of our reputation as a great employer, we attract highly skilled healthcare professionals with care expertise ranging from paediatric nurses to carers for adults with learning disabilities. In our 21 years’ experience, we have created a recruitment system that ensures that we only hire the best people.
The Local Branch:
Having recently moved to larger premises, our Bournemouth branch is situated at 1st Floor Colonnade on Westover Road and is one of our most established branches.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Posted on: 04/07/2017
Closing Date: NA
We are Newcross Healthcare Solutions
For the past 21 years we have been providing outstanding nurse led care at home and highly trained healthcare professionals to the private and public sectors. A nationwide employer, we pride ourselves on providing the highest standards of care to our clients. Contact us today and discover the Newcross way.