Complex Home Care Assistant
|Status:||Full Time, Part Time|
Newcross Healthcare provides high quality, complex care in the home, to clients with a range of complex healthcare needs. From spinal injury, to brain injury; degenerative conditions, to congenital disease, through its nurse-led, tailored approach it provides the support clients need to manage their condition and maintain the lifestyle they choose.
Since 1996, Newcross has been providing unrivalled, outstanding quality care in client‘s own homes. Newcross takes pride in offering a truly personalised care and support service developed to enrich the care receivers’ life and help them to lead the most independent and fulfilling life possible.
Our Colchester branch is expanding into the Harwich area, and we are looking for experienced, dedicated and professional Complex Care Assistants to join our team and bring excellence in care to people in the local area.
You will form an integral part of the Newcross Care at Home team in this varied and rewarding role, delivering person-centred care in accordance with personalised care plans that enrich lives. You will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions, including administering medication, pain relief and various domestic and healthcare tasks to assist the individuals you encounter with day to day living.
Due to the complex healthcare challenges that our clients present, we are especially seeking applicants with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Medication administration
- Challenging behaviour
- PEG feeds and medications
- Oral Suctioning
- Mobilisation (moving and handling)
- Diabetic awareness and observations
- Epilepsy care
- Paediatric care
A full driving license and access to a car is required for this role. You may be required to travel up to 30 minutes to the client's location.
- Excellent, competitive salary, paid weekly incl. holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract with guaranteed hours
- Agreed mileage and travel expenses for most clients
- Free and criminal record (DBS) check upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Comprehensive, client specific induction and training
- Free ongoing training and uniform earned as you work
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- 24 hour contact through a dedicated central support team
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download time sheets and receive payslips
Why Should You Apply?
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.
Click Apply Now to begin your application
You will need the right to live and work in the UK, recent experience in a similar role and contactable referees to apply for this job vacancy.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Posted on: 21/06/2017
Closing Date: NA
We are Newcross Healthcare Solutions
For the past 21 years we have been providing outstanding nurse led care at home and highly trained healthcare professionals to the private and public sectors. A nationwide employer, we pride ourselves on providing the highest standards of care to our clients. Contact us today and discover the Newcross way.