Care Assistant - Senior HCA Shifts
|Status:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Salary:||Up to £11.86 per Hour|
Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support a range of clients in the Edinburgh area through our friendly local branch.
We also have work available today in the following areas of Edinburgh:
There is also the prospect to take supplementary shifts as a Senior Healthcare Assistant if you have the essential qualifications. This gives you the chance to earn more than you would as a Care Assistant with additional responsibilities and the opportunity to work with a wider team of healthcare professionals on a regular basis.
For a limited time, we are also offering a free PVG check and uniform when you join our team!
The Care Assistant Role:
As a naturally compassionate person, you will play an essential part in delivering great quality, person-centred care to every individual you encounter. This means recognising the capabilities of the person, promoting their dignity at all times and seeing them as more than just a care plan.
You will be providing care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support with washing, dressing, personal care and meal times.
You will be a permanent member of the healthcare team responsible for bringing the Newcross standard of care to every individual we care for.
Due to the location of our clients, access to your own transport is preferable.
- Salary of up to £11.86/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed local mileage payments for some clients
- Criminal record check (PVG) and uniform FREE for a limited time!
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Local line manager and branch support
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Why Should You Apply?
As a nurse or care employee of Newcross, expect job satisfaction that goes beyond other nursing agencies. Our nursing and care assistant jobs come with peace-of-mind as our staff are employed on a permanent basis and with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
The local branch
Your local branch is home to the worlds largest performing arts festival - The Edinburgh Festival Fringe which takes place every year! You can find our branch at the Quadrant, New Mart Place.
We offer job opportunities from areas as far south as West Linton, to Haddington in the East and as far up as North Berwick.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
- You must be SSSC registered or commit to registering when joining
- If applying for Senior Care Assistant shifts it is important that you have an SVQ3 in Health and Social Care with a medication administration certificate or commit to completing this with us.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Posted on: 15/08/2017
Closing Date: NA
We are Newcross Healthcare Solutions
For the past 21 years we have been providing outstanding nurse led care at home and highly trained healthcare professionals to the private and public sectors. A nationwide employer, we pride ourselves on providing the highest standards of care to our clients. Contact us today and discover the Newcross way.