Are you our next Newcross Associate Trainer?
As one of the UK's leading providers of specialist clinical training. Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. We are excited to announce that we are expanding our training team to include Newcross Associate Trainers. If you are a Newcross employee we want to know if this could be the role for you?
Led by our dedicated in-house clinical trainers and supported by a network of individually selected local partners, all Clinical Courses are developed with and endorsed by our Clinical Governance Team.
What does an Associate Trainer do?
You will be delivering quality moving and handling courses to our Newcross employees, ensuring that they are confident in carrying out moving and handling with our service users.
What are the benefits?
As part of our commitment to your ongoing development and career with Newcross we will:
- Pay £75 for the first course you deliver in a day and £50 for the second (each course lasts 3 hours).
- Pay travel after the first 5 miles to any branch you are delivering in.
- We will provide you with moving and handling equipment to use in the training and provide you with a training room at every branch that has a bed and a hoist.
- We will provide you with a Newcross Trainer’s uniform
- You will receive annual updates to the training materials and also receive annual observations and feedback.
- We will give you regular feedback on how your training is being received and will observe you at least once a year.
- We will provide refresher training at 2 year intervals.
What do we need from you?
We are focussing on areas around Scotland, Leeds and the Swindon, Reading and Woking branches, but will welcome applicants for other areas of the UK.
If you are from those areas, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You have passed your probation period and regularly work for Newcross
- You have worked with a variety of manual handling equipment – including hoists, stand aids and slide sheets
- Ideally, you will have a training qualification and/or a qualification in healthcare although this isn’t essential. You will have spent enough time in care settings to make you credible with very experienced care staff.
- You have a good level skill in of English, Maths and ICT especially Microsoft office.
- You have a laptop you can use to show MS PowerPoint presentations.
- You have access to a car and are willing to travel and occasionally stay away.
- You are friendly and able to build positive relationships with branch staff and healthcare staff.
- You represent Newcross positively.
- You are physically able to demonstrate the physical movements involved in manual handling and able to use and carry equipment.
- You are smart and well presented, flexible and able to plan your diary up to 3 months ahead.
- You have a passion for learning and are able to provide learners with training at a level and pace to suit their needs.
- You will be a good communicator.
- You will be self-motivated enough to keep yourself up to date with current manual handling legislation and to undertake all necessary preparation.
- You will be available to attend a 3 day trainer training.
- You will need to invest time in learning the course before you start getting paid.
- You will be provided with M&H equipment to use in training.
- You can expect to be observed and given feedback on the effectiveness of your training and will only be signed off when you achieve our high standard. Your BCM will endorse your application (They will confirm you represent Newcross well)
- That you will continue to carry out shifts for your branch as your primary role
How do you apply?
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity you can apply by sending a short expression of interest, describing how you meet the above criteria and which branches you will be willing to travel to email@example.com and copy your Branch Manager in.
Please be aware that any staff wanting to do this would need to be available to attend training in Bristol on June 4th, 5th and 6th.
We look forward to receiving your applications to join our fantastic Clinical Training team.