Our 100 Club find out what the craic is in Dublin!
Every year we celebrate our top performing office employees by inviting them to join our prestigious 100 Club. On the 22nd to the 23rd of March we took to the sky and flew our exceptional 100 Club winners to the vibrant city of Dublin.
The 100 Club recognises the talent of its members by thanking them for their incredible work and commitment by treating them to an exclusive activities break.
Our employees who had gone above and beyond in their jobs over the past 12 months were:
- Bethan Shears (Credit Control Administrator)
- Chloe Pearce (Coventry Trainee Business Centre Manager)
- Emilie Tomkins (Central Support Shift Leader)
- Gail McAdam (Scotland Clinical Trainer)
- Hannah Church (Central Support Coordinator)
- Laura Rogers (Procurement Manager)
- Louise Donachie (Kirkcaldy Healthcare Coordinator)
- Mel McGee (Hereford Business Centre Manager)
- Morgan Riley (Management Account Analyst)
- Naomie Bowdler-Graham (Eastbourne Trainee Team Leader)
- Sarah-Jane Aitken (Kirkcaldy Trainee Team Leader)
- Unfortunately due to other commitments Helen Soan and Sophie Tolchard could not attend.
[Pictured L-R: Beth, Laura, Naomie and Morgan]
The 100 Club members were joined by National Operations Director, Geoff White, and Wales and West Regional Operations Manager, Steve Churches. For the first exciting activity we put their culinary skills to the test at Ireland’s leading cookery school, Cooks Academy.
Louise Donachie exciting explained, “We had a fab time, I really enjoyed the cooking challenge I think team Veg were the clear winners (Steve, Mel, Morgan, Naomie)…although I don't know if anyone else will agree.”
However it was Geoff’s team of Laura, Sarah-Jane, Gail, Emily and Hannah, who had the luck of the Irish when they excelled with their batten-burg cake, pasties and mini Jaffa cake.
The group were swept off to the Guinness Storehouse, home to Ireland’s most famous drink, where they had a private tour through the brewing heritage of Ireland’s rich history.
Easbourne Trainee Team Leader Naomie said, “I can honestly say the trip inspired me to work above and beyond my PMR. I have been hoping to be a part of the 100 club since I started 3 years ago.”
National Operations Director Geoff White said, “Our ethos is excellence, from delivering excellence to our clients, to rewarding excellence from our employees, it is the standard that drives us. It was fantastic to spend time with employees from both operations and support services to celebrate their hard work from the past year.”
[Pictured L-R: Sarah-Jane, Louise and Gail]