Care Assistant - Children
We are seeking Care Assistants with prior care experience, that have worked with children with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours, to support our service users in Barnstaple and Bideford, and the surrounding areas operating through our Barnstaple branch team.
There has never been a better time to join Newcross in a full or part time caring position as you will be welcomed to the team with a free DBS check free uniform and pay rates of up to £13.57/hr.
As we have some rural client locations and varying shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.
The Caring Role
You will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, championing their needs and enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. You will be providing care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support.
It is essential that you are able to provide support in a calm and reassuring manner, making sure that the needs of the service user come first. You will deliver a transparent, holistic and person-centred approach to care that ensures that the well-being and quality of life of each individual is protected and promoted at all times.
If you take pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the well-being and quality of life of every individual you care for, we can offer you flexible shifts that fit around your family or other job commitments, with the security of a guaranteed hours and a permanent contract.
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Successful candidates will benefit from
- Salary of up to £13.57/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) for a limited time
- Free training through credits earned as you work
- Free uniform for a limited time
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
To apply for this role you will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your local Team
Newcross Healthcare's Barnstaple branch was opened in 2015 and since then has enabled us to expand our services of providing qualified health care professionals right across the North Devon area. Our Barnstaple office is located at Unit 2 Castle Park Road, Whiddon Valley, Barnstaple.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.