Children's Registered Nurse - Complex Care
Newcross Healthcare is currently seeking Registered Children's Nurses (RGNs) who take pride in their clinical ability to work with service users in Southampton, Totton, Hythe, Sholing and the surrounding areas from our local branch.
As a Registered Nurse, you can access our exclusive Platinum Ticket Invitation, which means you'll receive a free uniform when you join our team, a free DBS check upfront, and a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross*.
Due to the locations of some clients, you will need to have access to your own vehicle.
The Nursing Position
As a Newcross Nurse, it is essential that you are dedicated to improving and supporting the quality of life and well-being of individuals you encounter. You'll need to have excellent clinical skills, with a valid NCM pin number, and the confidence to work with clients independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
The ideal candidate would be tracheostomy trained and competent with gastrostomy, PEG feeds and ventilation. We have a range of shifts available including days and nights.
You will need excellent clinical skills and the confidence to work with several different clients, but we will never ask you to work outside of your skill-base. We take pride in offering the highest standard of nursing care to our clients and if you share that goal, we would love to hear from you.
Upon joining, you'll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the client you will be supporting, their needs and care plan. You'll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
Perks of Working with Newcross:
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront*
- Free uniform upon joining*
- Salary of up to £34.06/hr including holiday pay
- Revalidation support through a local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your applicationIf you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.