Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for a Care Assistant role to fit around your degree level studies?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking Student Nurses to work as Care Assistants (HCAs) to provide outstanding care and support to our service users in Chelmsford and the surrounding areas.
At Newcross, we're flexible. You can choose to work full or part time hours, to fit around your schedule. We don't believe in 'zero hours.' Our staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, providing security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage their work-life balance.
Money can be tight when you're a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
What to expect
Your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live their daily lives as independently as possible.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
Skills & Opportunities
The successful candidate will have the chance to improve their skill set with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £11.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Client specific inductions
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and a designated [field] team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Team
You can find your local office team at 8 Atlanta Boulevard, Romford. We're a stone's throw from Romford train station, serviced by both national rail and London Underground Services, plus we're easily accessible via bus and car.
We cover a wide area of East London and Essex, from Barking to Bishop's Stortford, over to Chelmsford and Grays, and everywhere in-between.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.