Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse?
Are you looking for a flexible job to fit around your studies?
If so, this could be the job for you.
Newcross Healthcare are seeking Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants (HCAs) to provide the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Exeter, Cullompton, Crediton, Okehampton, Sidmouth, Axminster, Lyme Regis and the surrounding local areas.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, build your own rota and work full or part time hours to fit around your studies, with weekly pay up to £13.57 Per hour.
You will benefit from the security of a permanent job with guaranteed minimum hours and access to our ongoing training courses to further expand your clinical skill set.
We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends. For a limited time, you will receive free DBS and uniform when you join our amazing team. Do you know more dedicated student nurses? Why not 'Recommend a Friend' with the chance to earn up to £500 per successful referral.
What can you expect from your Caring Role?
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be providing life-enhancing care to our service users enabling them to lead the life that the choose.
Changing the life of another person is an incredible feeling and it is completely within your grasp, your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live their daily lives as they choose as independently as possible, in line with their personalised care plan.
Compassion and respect are key to this role. The ideal applicant will have a true vocation for care and always seek to provide life-enhancing support that also protects the dignity of the service user.
Skills & Opportunities
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include training in Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
If you want to develop your clinical ability and stand out from your peers this could be the opportunity for you.
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £13.57/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free Ongoing training and development earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Client specific inductions
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and a designated [field] team leader.
Why should you join Newcross?
We offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to develop in their role, learn new skills and progress further in their career.
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
Your local Team
Your local branch is based in Exeter, and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton. We provide skilled and experienced HCAs, Support Workers and Nurses to a range of clients, including care, nursing and residential homes, plus mental health environments and occasionally NHS locations.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.