Support Worker - Mental Health
We are currently seeking experienced Mental Health Support Workers who hold a PMVA qualification to deliver the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Derby, Burton-Upon-Trent, Matlock and the surrounding areas through our Nottingham branch.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.
You Supporting Role
Newcross Healthcare has been providing excellent quality care staff to nursing homes, hospitals and people in their own homes for over 20 years. We pride ourselves on employing only the very best, experienced care staff and ensuring our clients receive the highest quality person-centred care.
We are proudly working in partnership with a mental health service provider that supports adults with mental health conditions in rehabilitation, assessment or step down settings.
You will play an essential role in supporting service users with mental health disabilities, promoting their independence and protecting their dignity. Your support will help clients to interact with friends, family and the local community. For this role you will need to be willing to work in a variety of environments, yet we will ensure that you receive full training and support so you will always have the correct skills for the job.
As a successful candidate you will benefit from
- Salary of up to £14.06/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Criminal record check (DBS) check cost refunded after initial joining period
- Uniform and training available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
Why Join the Newcross Team?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
To apply to this role you will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Team
Your local branch is located in the city of Nottingham, based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
We cover areas from Mansfield to Grantham and Derby to Burton on Trent.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.