This course is designed to instil important life-saving skills by teaching the techniques required to maintain life until qualified medical assistance can take over.
Price- £30.00 or 3000 Newcross training credits
Length of certificate - Yearly updates
Duration - 3-hour course
Content - Delegates will learn how to conduct primary and secondary assessment including basic first aid and placing casualties into the recovery position. They will also learn the principles of resuscitation in adults and will demonstrate this practically. Delegates will also gain an understanding on the use of automated electronic defibrillators (AED) and be able to administer first aid to a choking casualty.
• Understand and demonstrate the primary & secondary survey
• Be able to deal with an unconscious casualty
• Assess a non-breathing non-conscious casualty
• Complete 3 cycles of CPR under supervision
• Demonstrate the use of an AED (automated external defibrillation)
• Know how to provide first aid to a choking casualty
• Know how to identify and know the correct actions to take in regards to a Stroke/Anaphylaxis/Heart Attack/Angina
Suitable - All staff