Care Assistant - Mental Health
Do you want to be making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare are searching for dedicated Mental Health Care Assistants to provide the highest level of care to our service users with mental health conditions, challenging behaviours and learning disabilities in Cardiff and the surrounding South Wales areas.
Your New Role
In this position, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users, assisting with clinical needs, social activities and any other additional services required.
Previous experience of caring for service users with dementia, mental health and challenging behaviours in a range of medium, low and residential nursing home settings will strengthen your application.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Access our exclusive training programmes, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work with access to over 30,000 discounts in high street stores
At Newcross, we have various shifts available with flexible working - full and part time hours, days/nights and weekends to suit your needs.
You will also be able to access our Flexi Pay feature via our HealthForceGo® app which allows our healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts, which includes weekends and bank holidays.
Your Local Team
Our Cardiff branch works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of outstanding care and support.
We are located in Park Place, just a short distance from Cardiff Queen Street train station and Cardiff University.
Start your application today!
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.