Care Assistant - Mental Health
Join our rewarding healthcare team
Our Cardiff branch are located at 8 Bath Place, close to Cardiff University and also Cardiff Queen Street train station
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced Mental Health Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users with mental health conditions, challenging behaviours and learning disabilities in Cardiff and the surroundings.
Our ideal candidate will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care and with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
Previous experience of caring for service users with dementia, mental health and challenging behaviours in a range of medium, low and residential nursing home settings will strengthen your application.
- Salary of up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our HealthForceGo app
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
Newcross will help in your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes ensuring that you always have the opportunity to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross programme)
- Have access to a smart phone, with internet access to manage your rotas on our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Begin your journey with us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.