Do you have a passion for care?
Newcross Healthcare are currently hiring experienced Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our users living in Banbury and the local surrounding areas.
Join our friendly Coventry branch today! We are based at The Cobalt Centre in Middlemarch Business Park, close to Arden University and Coventry Airport.
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks may include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
Our ideal applicant will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care and with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips easily
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts across various retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You'll also be able to benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on weekends and bank holidays.
Development at Newcross
This position will provide opportunities to help you to develop your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross, earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many others.
What you'll need to succeed in the role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Begin your Newcross journey today!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way