Do you want to make a change?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Billingham, Stockton-on-tees and the surrounding areas.
Our caring role
As a Care Assistant, you will promote the well-being of our service users with various life-enhancing tasks. These will include personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexible hours to suit you across a range of different shifts
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts through retailers nationwide
- Flexi Pay will give you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Opportunities
Working with us will allow you to have access to a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, End of Life and many more.
You could also study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.