A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit an experienced Care Assistant to provide outstanding support and care to our clients living in Bishop's Stortford, Saffron Walden and Stansted and the surrounds.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Your New Role
Our Care Assistants are on the front line of providing invaluable services to those in need of care.
Your duties will involve:
- Providing person-centred care
- Supporting our service users with clinical requirements
- Assisting with social activities
- Helping with any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
The Newcross Perks
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access to over 30,000 discounts at UK retailers
At Newcross, we don't believe in 'zero hours.' You will have minimum hours guaranteed in your contract, giving you the security of a steady income. You can therefore choose your shifts to suit you and your commitments.
With our new flexible pay feature 'Flexi Pay' on our HealthForceGo app, you can decide when you want to be paid. Just submit your timesheets by 5pm to get paid up to 50% of the value of your shift, all on the very same day!
Our valued healthcare staff have the chance to develop their skill set with a vast range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Your New Team
Our friendly Colchester branch are situated in Crouch Street in the town centre. Just a short distance from the railway station, we are also easily accessible by car and bus.
Click to Apply!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.