Looking for a new and exciting career in care?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking supportive and talented Care Assistants to provide care and support to our residents in a variety of care homes across Blairgowrie, Meigle and the surrounding area.
What you'll do
As Newcross Care Assistant, you will provide our elderly, recovering, or disabled patients with excellent assistance and support during their daily activities.
You will also be responsible for providing our clients with companionship, seeing them as much more than a care plan.
Skills & Development
Benefit from our wide range of free training programmes which you will be able to earn through credits as you work. Our programmes include many subjects such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and more.
With Newcross you could also have the chance to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
We will expect you to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Your new team:
Newcross Healthcare's Perth branch is based on the banks of the River Tay, just a short walk from the city's train station.
Interesting fact: In medieval times the town was known as St John's Toun - a name used by the football team, St Johnstone, today.
What you'll gain?
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
You will also have access to:
* Flexi Pay - this feature gives you the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Perks at Work, our employee scheme provides you with 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street shops.
Apply today and begin your application
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.