As a caregiver, you have the power to change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit experienced Care Assistants to provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users living in Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith, Gorebridge, Loanhead, Penicuik and the surrounding local areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with their clinical requirements, and be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those individuals in your care.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Have access to a smart device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £12.37 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and team leader
With Newcross, take advantage of choosing the hours that suit your needs whilst having the benefits of a local line manager, a minimum hours guarantee and a permanent contract.
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo® where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift on the very same day!
As a valued employee, we will assist in your career progression, offering over 200 training courses and programmes to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, learn new skills and progress even further, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many others.
Our friendly Edinburgh branch are located 5 New Mart Place, within close proximity to Slateford railway station.
Did you know? Edinburgh Castle is built on top of an extinct volcano.
Join our team today!
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We now interview via video call, making the interview process much easier and enjoyable. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.