Providing care and support to others
Newcross Healthcare are actively looking to recruit experienced and reliable Care Assistants to join our team in providing support to our service users living in Braintree, Halstead, Earls Colne, Dunmow and the surrounding local areas.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your timesheets and rota via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Our Care Assistants are on the front line of providing invaluable services to our users in need of care.
Your duties will involve:
- Providing person-centred care
- Supporting our service users with their clinical requirements
- Assisting with social activities and engagements
- Helping with any other services they require to enable dignified and independent living
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work with access to over 30,000 discounts at over 80 high street retailers
- Flexible working hours, full or part time, with minimum hours guaranteed
As a valued employee, we will assist in your career progression, offering over 200 training courses and programmes to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, develop and learn new skills to progress even further.
You can also benefit from 'Flexi Pay', our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Your New Team
Our friendly Colchester branch are located in Crouch Street in the town centre. Just a short distance from the railway station, we are also easily accessible by car and bus.
Did you know? Colchester is Britain's oldest recorded town, and was the first Roman capital in Britain.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.