We are seeking healthcare professionals just like you to join the Newcross team!
Newcross Healthcare are seeking reliable and experienced Care Assistants to join our team delivering care and support to our service users living within Chard, Crewkerne, Ilminster and the surroundings.
Meet the Team
Our Taunton branch is based in Staplegrove Road, just a short distance from Taunton train station and also The Museum of Somerset at Taunton Castle.
The Care Role
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times.
Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or are working in a care role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Perks you will receive
- Salary of up to £13.84 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your commitments
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Various training programmes earned through credits as you work
You will also benefit from our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our Essential Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- Access to a smart phone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.