Care Assistant - Support Worker
A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit dedicated and reliable Care Assistants and Support Workers to join our team providing the best care and support to our service users living in Crewe, Nantwich, Sandbach and the surrounding areas.
What to expect in the role
In this role, your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
It is imperative that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each service user that you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr for senior shifts, or up to £12.47 for HCA shifts paid weekly including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
You will also benefit from our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Development at Newcross
This role will give you great opportunities to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
We have various opportunities available for staff to study towards a wide range of National vocational qualifications (NVS/SVQ).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or support role or environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical abilities and prior experience
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets and manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
Your Local Team
Our Chester branch is located at 17 - 19 Boughton, just a short distance from Chester train station and the centre.
Click the button to Apply
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you in your application.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way