Change someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Darlington and the surrounding areas.
Our friendly team
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear.
We cover areas from Middlesbrough and Darlington up along the Durham Heritage Coast to Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and everywhere in-between.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users obtain excellent care and support completing a range of important tasks. These will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional activities needed or requirements.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours across a variety of shifts throughout the week
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts in various retailers
- Flexi Pay feature allowing you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Submit your application today and a member of our team will be touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.