Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users in Darlington and the surrounding areas.
Take advantage of a range of training programs designed to develop your skill set! They include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
What will you need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
What will you do?
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive assistance with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
What you'll get
- Salary of up to £11.39/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts at 80 retailers!
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Take advantage of choosing when you want to be paid with our Flexi Pay feature! Just submit your timesheets by 5pm and receive an advance of up to 50% of the money earned during your completed shifts (Includes weekends and bank holidays).
Our local team
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear.
We cover areas from Middlesbrough and Darlington up along the Durham Heritage Coast to Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and everywhere in-between.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.