As a caregiver, you have the power to change someone's life
We are currently looking to fill a Healthcare Assistant role, to work in Dundee and surrounding areas.
* With Newcross you will gain many benefits! You will be able to use our 'same day pay' app feature, which gives you the ability to choose when you want to get paid.
* We also offer you the possibility of choosing your own hours, enjoying the security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage your work-life schedule.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smartphone with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Posessing an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care will strengthen your application however it is not a mandatory requirement for this role.
You will be responsible for supporting our clients during their day to day, providing them with physical and mental stimulation whilst promoting their independence and dignity.
Extensive experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for others will strengthen your application.
Our Dundee team is based in Scotland's fourth-largest city.
Newcross Healthcare's Dundee branch is located at the city centre and is just a short 5 minute walk from Dundee train station and the River Tay.
Why should you join us?
- Salary of up to £12.30/hr including holiday pay
- Video calling tecnology to enable you to attend your interview from the comfort of your home
- Perks at Work employee discount scheme
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We also offer you a variety of training programmes earned through credits as you work!
Our successful candidates have the chance to study our wide range of training programmes which include topics such as Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton and many more.