Providing outstanding care is a rewarding experience
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting for professional Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support within Dundee and surrounding local areas.
Your local branch are based at 1 S Tay Street, just a short walk from the University of Dundee and also from Dundee train station.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with development and progression
- Building relationships with service users and their family members
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community and other residents
The ideal candidate will be dedicated and compassionate, who will uphold our caring philosophy with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care Assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £12.55 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Join us, and manage your own work schedule via our HealthForceGo app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours!
Working for Newcross provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within many different care environments.
Develop your skills at Newcross
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training programmes, ensuring that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role and learn new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many others.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets and manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Click the button to Apply
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.