Do you want to develop your skill set?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care and support our service users living in Durham and the surrounding areas.
Access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day by using our innovative app feature (Includes weekends and bank holidays).
What do I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Working with Newcross will provide you with exclusive access to a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. They are designed to develop your skill set and cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, BSL or Makaton and many more.
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours across a variety of shifts throughout the week
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
What will I do?
You will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive outstanding care and support with a variety of different tasks. These will include personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional activities needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.