We are seeking healthcare professionals just like you to join the Newcross team!
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced Care Assistants to deliver the best levels of care and support to our service users in Exeter, Cullompton, Crediton, Okehampton and the surrounding local areas.
The Care Role:
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with their development
- Build strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships
- Encourage integration and participation within the local community
- Any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
Our ideal candidate will be dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care and with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
Our Main Requirements:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Benefits for you:
- Salary of up to £14.22/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
You will also benefit from our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Development at Newcross:
This role will provide amazing opportunities to help you expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many others.
Our Exeter branch are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
Did you know?
JK Rowling, Chris Martin and Joss Stone all hail from Exeter!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.