Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Newcross Healthcare are looking for dedicated Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to our service users within Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton and the surrounding local areas.
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each service user that you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
What you will receive:
- Salary of up to £14.22 per hour including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our app
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
Development at Newcross
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our friendly Exeter branch are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
Did you know?
JK Rowling, Chris Martin and Joss Stone all hail from Exeter.
Begin your journey with us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.