We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare are looking for experienced Care Assistants to care and support our service users working full/part time hours in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes across Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton and the surrounding areas.
Ideally you will need to be kind, caring and prepared to provide expert support that enables our service users to live the life they wish to lead.
We make sure our employees have job stability whilst they enjoy the possibility of choosing their own hours. We offer them minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts and flexible shifts!
What you'll need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross offer you the chance to expand your skills with our free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These include: BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care and more!
Your local branch will be located in Exeter, you can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
Interesting fact: Famous people that come from Exeter include: JK Rowling, Tommy Cooper, Chris Martin, William Temple and Joss Stone.
What you'll gain
- Salary of up to £13.57/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Flexi Pay, a same day pay app feature
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.