Do you want to become a part of something bigger?
Join us today and become a part of our amazing nationwide network of thousands of dedicated healthcare professionals. With us, you'll benefit from 'same day pay', flexible working and organising your life via our app.
As a Newcross Care Assistant you will provide expert care and support across in Angus, Forfar, Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin, Carnoustie and the surrounding area.
Caring for others
Working as a Newcross Care Assistant means you will be involved in ensuring all those in your care receive the highest quality of person-centred care, you must be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Ideally you will have experience in housekeeping and caring for individuals in a range of settings including nursing and residential.
Learn & develop
We offer over 100 different subjects to our healthcare staff so they can broaden their skills and progress in their career journey with us.
These include: Speech, Signs and Symbols, Safeguarding Adults and End of Life Care are examples of excellent clinical courses you can study with us!
Your new team
Newcross Healthcare's Dundee branch is located at the city centre and is just a short 5 minute walk from Dundee train station and the River Tay.
What do we offer?
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
With Flexi Pay app feature you decide when get paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
What do you need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Begin your journey with us today!
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!