Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced Care Assistants to join the team delivering high-quality care and support to our service users living across Angus, Forfar, Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin, Carnoustie and the surrounding areas.
Your local branch are based at 1 S Tay Street, just a short walk from the University of Dundee and also from Dundee train station.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with development and progression
- Building relationships with service users and their family members
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community and other residents
The ideal candidate will be dedicated and compassionate, who will uphold our caring philosophy with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course)
- Access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips easily
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts across various retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Development at Newcross
Successful candidates will also have opportunities to develop and enhance their current skill set with various free training programmes, earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
We also provide the option to study an apprenticeship, our apprentices gain NVQs and SVQs in areas which relate to their particular department, with the support of their team and our apprenticeships provider they gain a lifelong qualification.
We also offer hundreds of office-based and clinical courses to enhance your career such as Epilepsy Awareness, Safeguarding Adults, End of Life Care and many more!
You will also benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.