Make a change today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Glasgow, Paisley, Renfrew, Carntyne and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will care and support our service users with various important tasks. These can vary depending on the needs of our service users but will include personal care activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
This new feature will enable you to access up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible hours across a range of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts available
With Newcross, you will have the chance to develop your skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Various topics are covered such as Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Basic Life Support and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £12.37/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.