We are looking for you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to provide care to our service users living in Hexham, Stocksfield and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will make sure that our service users continue to receive excellent care and support in line with their personal care plans. Tasks will include personal care activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What we require
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Flexible hours across a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Flexi Pay app feature enabling you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Work with us and take advantage of a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Medication Administration and many more.
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.