A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit for Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to our service users living in Honiton, Seaton, Axminster, Ottery St Mary and the surrounding areas.
At Newcross, we don't believe in 'zero hours.' You will have minimum hours guaranteed in your contract, giving you the security of a steady income. You can therefore choose your shifts to suit you and your commitments.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding our service users with clinical requirements
- Helping with their development and progression
- Building strong relationships with service users and family members
- Encourage integration and participation within the local community
Our ideal candidate will be compassionate, patient and prepared to provide expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead. Extensive experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for others will strengthen your application.
Perks at Newcross
- Salary of up to £14.22 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - many discounts at over 80 high street retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will also benefit from our Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Working with Newcross provides great opportunities to develop your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many others.
We require you to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Your Local Team
Our friendly Exeter branch are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
There are over 40 registered care homes within 5 miles of Exeter city centre.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.