Looking to improve and advance in your career?
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting dedicated Care Assistants to offer expert care and support across Ivybridge, Plymstock, Modbury and the surrounding area.
Become a Care Assistant:
In this role you will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, allowing them to live more fulfilling lives.
In order to be successful, you will need to have a strong sense of empathy for those patients you care for and the ability to provide the highest quality of care and support.
Our Plymouth branch is located on the south coast and provides the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
With this opportunity you will have the chance to broaden your skills through a wide range of free training courses available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
You could choose between: Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton to Dementia Care and many more!
* Salary of up to £14.11/hr including holiday pay
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Perks at Work - Enjoy 30,000 discounts on the high street
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free Ongoing training and development
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a callIf you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.