We are looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals with dedicated Care Assistants to help care for our service users living in Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Warwick and the surrounding local areas
This is a permanent position with flexible day, night or weekend shifts to suit!
What you'll do
In this role, you'll assist elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living. You'll provide support and companionship to clients and help clients handle day-to-day self-care.
You will also communicate with families of clients to apprise them of the client's condition and progress.
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential.
Benefits for you!
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
This position will give you the opportunity to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
These will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care plus more.
Our Coventry branch is based in the Cobalt Centre on Middlemarch Business Park near the Airport. We cover a wide range of areas in the West Midlands such as Solihull, Nuneaton, Rugby and Stratford-upon-Avon.