Are you ready for a new care experience?
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting for experienced Care Assistants to join our expanding team in delivering expert care and support to our service users within Liskeard, Looe and the surrounding locations.
Care Assistant Role
As a Care Assistant, your tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they wish.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and the other residents.
This position will provide opportunities to help you to develop your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross, earned through credits as you work.
- Salary of up to £14.25 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earning up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance of lead nurses
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
You will also be entitled to access our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
What you'll need to succeed in the role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rota and timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Meet the Team
Our friendly branch is based in Lemon Street, just a 2 minute walk from Truro Cathedral and only a short distance from Truro train station.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.