Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Our friendly Exeter branch are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Care Assistants to deliver the best level of care and support to our service users living within Lyme Regis, Seaton, Axminster, Ottery St Mary and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Position
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing personal care and support to our service users, helping with their clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Our ideal applicant will be dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care and with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a similar care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- Access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or an Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota and timesheets via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Opportunities at Newcross
As a valued member of the team, you will have access to improve your skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
At Newcross, you will also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ to develop your healthcare career.
- Salary of up to £14.22 per hour including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with flexible working hours available
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts at UK retailers
Additionally, you will be able to benefit from our 'Flexi Pay' feature, which allows our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo® where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift on the very same day!
If you are unable to apply online, please call 0800 252 881. We now have the option to interview via video calling - this way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.