Make a difference to someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users living in Middlesbrough and the surrounding areas.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for providing care and support to our service users with a variety of important tasks. Tasks will include personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services required or needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Flexible part time and full time hours across a range of different shifts
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available throughout various retailers
- Flexi Pay app feature allowing you to give you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Opportunities
Working with Newcross will give you access to a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Medication Administration, End of Life care and many more.
Our Durham team
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear.
We cover areas from Middlesbrough and Darlington up along the Durham Heritage Coast to Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and everywhere in-between.
What do we need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.