Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals and you could be next to join us!
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users living within Basingstoke, Newbury and the surrounding local areas.
The Local Branch
Our Reading team are located in London Street, close to the town centre. We are just a short distance from Reading train station and also the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Your New Role
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services to enable dignified and independent living.
We offer all our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and other commitments.
- Salary of up to £12.93 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to multiple discounts from over 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earn up to £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our HealthForceGo app
This role will also give you great opportunities to develop your skill set with a variety of training programmes, all earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months experience in a previous care position
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you will pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross programme)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now to find out more!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.