Are you looking for a vocation in a rewarding and professional setting?
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting Care Assistants to provide exceptional support our users living across Basingstoke and Newbury. and surrounding areas.
Requirements for this role:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
- If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
* Flexi Pay - We have a new feature that allows our healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Flexible shifts, have a great work-life balance with our permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the ability of choosing your own hours.
* Perks at Work scheme will give you access to discounts at 80 high street retailers.
* Free training programmes that you will be able to earn through credits as you work.
* Salary of up to £12.68/hr including holiday pay
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
As a Care Assistant you will assist our elderly, recovering, or disabled residents with their daily activities, providing them with personal support and companionship.
You will also be in contact with families of clients to apprise them of the client's condition and progress.
Our Reading branch is based in the largest town in Berkshire, on the 1st floor in Enterprise House on 95 London Street.
Interesting fact: Jane Austen was a school girl at Reading Ladies Boarding School.