Care Assistant - Nights
Providing outstanding care is a rewarding experience
Newcross Healthcare are seeking dedicated Care Assistants to cover night shifts and provide excellent care and support to our service users living in Exeter, Honiton, Seaton, Crediton, Okehampton, Lyme Regis and Exmouth.
Our friendly Exeter branch is situated in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Providing everyday care to clients
- Focusing on personal hygiene, mental stimulation and general well-being
- Managing clients' care logs and medical requirements
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
We are looking for dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our caring philosophy, always with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
- Salary of up to £14.22/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
You will also benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop their current skill set with a variety of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device to manage your rotas, payslips and timesheets on our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.