Care Assistant / Support Worker
Our Norwich branch is located at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Flexible hours to suit you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants & Support Workers to support our service users in North Walsham, Stalham, Aylsham, Cromer, Sheringham and the surrounding areas of Norfolk.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will care for our service users and assist them with various life-enhancing tasks. These can change but will include personal care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
As a Support Worker, you will ensure that our service users receive person-centred care at all times. You will assist with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social integration within their communities and any additional services needed.
What makes Newcross different?
- Flexible full time and part time hours available through a variety of weekday, weekend and night shifts
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available in various retailers
- Flexi Pay app feature allowing you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop their existing skill set with a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These will cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different topics.
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay for HCA shifts & up to £13.48/hr including holiday pay for SW shifts
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free Ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What do I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.