Care Assistant - Learning Disability
Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals and you could be next to join us!
Our friendly branch are based in Duncan Close, less than a 10 minute walk from the University of Northampton
Newcross Healthcare are searching for seasoned Care Assistants to join our expanding team in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users living with learning disabilities within Northampton, Brackley, Towcester, Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable and the surroundings.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will need excellent clinical skills and have the ability to work with our service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours.
You will be dedicated to empowering each individual in your care, and a naturally compassionate person with a strong desire to achieve the best possible outcome on each shift.
Working for Newcross provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, within several different care environments.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contacts for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all prior employment within the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need to have access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £12.74/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
You'll also benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature - just submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
Newcross will also assist with your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes ensuring that you always have the opportunity to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
Apply now to find out more!
We now have the option to interview via video calling - this way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way