Care Assistant / Support Worker
Newcross is looking for you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants and Support Workers to care for our service users living in Swaffham, Thetford, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
As a dedicated Care Assistant, you will assist our service users with various important daily living activities. These will vary depending on the needs of the service user but will primarily include assisting with personal care tasks, providing physical and mental stimulation and making sure that the well-being and needs of our service users are met.
As a responsible Support Worker, you will work hard to ensure that our service users receive individualised care and support in line with their personal care plans. Tasks that you will be assisting with include personal care activities, encouraging social integration, supporting them with their clinical requirements and assisting them with any additional services needed.
- Flexible hours throughout various weekday, night and weekend shifts to suit your ongoing commitments.
- Perks at Work employee scheme allowing you to access up to 30,000 discounts in a variety of retailers nationwide.
- Flexi Pay app feature enabling you to receive up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our benefits include
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay for HCAs and up to £13.48/hr including holiday pay for SWs
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Working with Newcross, will give you exclusive access to a varied catalogue of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our Norwich branch
You will be joining our team based in Norwich, this branch is located at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Norwich was England's second biggest city for more than 700 years, and Norfolk England's most populous and prosperous county, largely as a result of the wool trade.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.